Original Timeline Edit
Sometime in the future, Kal-El was born to Jor-El and his wife on Krypton. Through his father, Kal was the grandson of Seg and the nephew of Dru-Zod, though Zod was unaware of this. Before Krypton's destruction, Jor and his wife placed their son in an escape pod and sent him to Earth.
Kal grew up and became the hero Superman. At some point in his adult life, Kal became enemies with Zod, unaware he was his uncle. He came into contact with Adam Strange and allegedly sent him back in time to warn his grandfather about Brainiac. He also gave Strange his cape to serve as an hourglass to show how much time he had to restore the timeline before time ran out for him [Kal] to exist.
New Timeline Edit
After Seg tricks Brainiac, he gets sucked into the Phantom Zone with the alien, despite Val's best efforts to pull him back. For a moment, Kal-El's cape returned to its original condition. Once Seg disappears, Zod destroys the control panel, hindering any chance for his father and Brainiac to come back. Because of this action, the cape's sigil changes to the House of Zod sigil, leaving Kal's existence unknown.
- Kal's greatest enemy, General Zod is also his uncle, as Zod is the son of his grandfather, Seg.
- Because of Zod's takeover, it's unknown as to whether Kal was actually born in the new timeline.
- With the reveal of Nyssa being Kal's grandmother, this is the first time we know more about his paternal family outside of his parents, aunt (Alura In-Ze), uncle (Zor-El), and his cousin (Kara Zor-El).
Season 1 Edit
- "Pilot" (mentioned)
- "House of El" (mentioned)
- "Civil Wars" (mentioned)
- "Transformation" (mentioned)
- "Savage Night" (mentioned)
- "Hope" (mentioned)
Season 2 Edit
- "Blood Moon" (indirectly mentioned)